Developed by the New Zealand Institute for Plant and Food Research hop breeding program and released in 2011, Wai-iti is a granddaughter of Liberty and is derived from 1/3 Hallertau MIttelfrüh. Fresh peaches and stone fruit dominate the aroma in single hopped beers and when combining with other varieties in late additions. Wai-iti is best known for its fruity, aroma-driven results.
Aroma: Specific aroma descriptors include fresh peaches and apricot characteristics; freshly squeezed limes with top notes of mixed citrus and spice.
- Alpha Acid: 2.5 - 3.5%
- Beta Acid: 4.5 - 5.5%
- Co-humulone: 22 - 24%
- Total Oil: 1.6 - 1.6 mL/100g
- Myrcene: 3 - 3% of total oil
- Caryophyllene: 8.9 - 9.1% of total oil
- Farnesene: 12.9 - 13.1% of total oil
- Humulene: 27.9 - 28.1% of total oil
- Geraniol: 0 - 0% of total oil