Very high aromatic intensity and complexity towards fresh fruity notes (apple, banana-pear, red, citrus and exotic fruits) combined with interesting cooked fruit notes (applesauce).
Sweet and round mouthfeel strengthening candy like sensation.
- Broad fermentation temperature spectrum: 10-30°C (50-86°F), ideally 15-25°C (59-77°F)
- High nitrogen requirements: Ratio YAN**(mg/L)/Sugar(g/L) >0.9
- Medium assimilation of fructose
- Maximum initial SO2 level recommended: 50mg/L. Very low production of acetaldehyde and SO2.
- High malic acid consumption (up to 1.4g/L)
- Medium 2-phenylethanol and very high isoamyl acetate (candy-banana) producer